Wednesday 9 November 2011

Don’t forget about the Giraffe...

If I’m honest, I had forgotten all about the Giraffe until today. I had forgotten how he made me laugh, how he teased me relentlessly and how much I admired him for being so weird and different. Tonight, whilst talking to Duke (who is so cute, and who I told about the house party experience), Giraffe turned up and we had a three-way awkward conversation about the weather/school stress/what bus we are taking. Then tragedy struck as Duke walked away and I was left with Giraffe. Why was this awkward?! Well, I haven’t talked to Giraffe since we were in year 9 and I was helplessly in love (or “in lust” as my friend would say – i.e. it wasn’t actual love but I wanted to go out with him, and with my commitment issues that’s a big thing!) with him, but he found me too mainstream and after a few months of OK-friendship, he shrugged me off like an oversized sweatshirt. From that moment on I deemed him to be a bastard. Until the bugger charmed me into taking it back today. We started talking about how long it’s been, and what we’ve been up to in the holidays. He told me that he watched Paranormal Activity 3 and found it really scary and I idiotically agreed and told him that I found it so scary that I turned my TV off. His reply was obviously “Oh, was it a pirate? I mean you can’t turn off the cinema” BUGGGER!! I didn’t want him to think I was a pirate-junkie or something – I am proud to buy my films off of Amazon! So I had to lie my arse off and say I was talking about Paranormal Activity 2 (when in actual fact I have never sat through anything remotely similar to a horror film in my life – unless you count Men In Black, which I don’t because I spent the entirety of the film ogling at the beauty of Will Smith). When we got on the bus I saw a girl who I used to be friends with in Year 7-8 and, don’t ask me why, but I felt a sense of glee and superiority to be seen with Giraffe (he’s quite popular really). ALSO, his voice now has a husky twang to it which is so adorable (albeit he probably just has a cold) and he was really nice and funny today – not how I remember him, a.k.a. a cocky/sarcastic/moody numpty. Although, his appalling hearing is still the same (it comes from the heavy metal crap he listens to which is beating up his eardrums) and all of my inputs to the conversation had to be repeated...
-I am quite proud of myself that I can be around all these boys (Duke, Giraffe) and not feel anything towards them because I miss my Knight in Shiny Abercrombie and Fitch, who incidentally is in Africa at the moment, helping out at an orphanage. Obviously that’s really cute, but I really miss my phone telling me I have a text from him and I find myself listening to classic Magic FM records (i.e. “Need you Now” Lady Antebellum – I still stand by that this is an epic song). He just needs to return home. Now.
C’est la vie, it’s my birthday on Friday! Oh this randomly reminds me of the fact that I recently (brace yourself) had my hair highlighted! Although, don’t get too excited because you can barely see them. Literally, my Dad didn’t notice a difference. Well that’s men for you! Well, I’m having it re-done on Saturday free of charge (that awkward moment when your hairdresser says “I’m so so sorry about your hair!” Not going to like I felt like I was in safe hands...) and we’re apparently putting platinum blonde in there. Obviously shall not go horribly wrong or, even worst, get “interesting”...
Keep you posted,
Grammar Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment