Tuesday 19 July 2011

Cheerleading training: Day One

No: you did not misread the title. I, Grammargal, am going to be a cheerleader. The idea came to me at registration when I heard the notice that letters for cheerleading club would be available at lunch in the P.E. Office. I knew I had to do it for 2 main reasons:
1. I have always always always said to everyone that I would love to be a cheerleader (if you just minus the exercise part, of course)
2. It just sounds so cool! I am going to be part of the CHEERLEADING CLUB. OK I am aware that this is not America and it's actually not cool to be in the cheerleading club in my school. Screw it! I'm doing it anyway!

Being aware, however, that I cannot touch my toes; my idea of upper body strength is being able to carry the food shopping into my house without collapsing; and somersaults of any kind always end with me falling face-first onto the ground, I know that I need to do some training. I'm going to give myself a week to be prepared for cheerleading (the letter is due in next Wednesday) and that starts today.
OK, so far I have chosen a really sporty-looking outfit (grey t-shirt and shorts) and have listened to the song "Mickey" 10 times.
Now, let the real work begin...
*************************************************************************************************************
AGONY. My legs shall never forgive me for what I have just did. I tried to do the splits. Hmmm....maybe I'll try that again in a few days' time! I then proceeded to doing 5 sit ups before collapsing on my back and managing 2 push ups before my arms gave way and I breathed in the comforting smell of my carpet, just laying there for what must have been 5 minutes.
I shall not take this as defeat. I CAN FEEL THE MUSCLES FORMING - hypothetically, of course...
Shall keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment